Friday, May 22, 2009

Fundraising Effort

My fundraising letter is going out to all my contacts and then perhaps to the contacts of my parents and on from there to their friends.

My goal is to raise $1000 while training for the Hood to Coast relay in August.
So far my email blast has gotten some donations from a few of my former colleagues, which I appreciate! Please see the link to the right if you want to read more about my fund raising for the American Cancer Society. Basically I'm raising money for this society due to loosing my father to cancer in 2000, at the age of 49. We miss him a lot and wish he was here getting to know his grand kids.

I'm also running a 5k tomorrow and really want to run it in under 33 minutes. The mere fact that I can run a 5k without walking is a feat, seeing as my baby is just 11 weeks old. I've also lost 15 pounds in the last 4 weeks and in second place in the weight loss challenge at the gym (I've lost 8.5% of my body weight so far).

All this is to say, I'm passionate about fitness, firstly yes because it makes me feel good. But also because it means I'll be around when my kids have kids, unlike my Dad. His battle with cancer was complicated by his struggle with obesity. Please consider donating money to the American Cancer Society in memory of my Dad. I'd like to see less adults and kids dying of cancer. It just stinks!

No comments: