Saturday, May 16, 2009

Speed Trial

I was sneaking in a run with two feverish kids at home with my mother...so in other words I had to run fast! I ran quickly to the old high school track I used to train on with the JV basketball team. Back in my glory days I thought I wasn't in good shape, running an 8 minute mile around the track (making me a very slow guard).

As I arrived, I mentally challenged my 15-year-old self to a speed trial. Needless to say the 15-year-old won. BUT my 25 year old self did NOT win as I completed the trial in 10:02. I wasn't running 10 minute miles in my mid-20s, at least not consistantly.

It was encouraging to see how fast I could go. I think a month ago I was running 11:40 on the mile! Since having Zoe I've lost an additional 20 pounds and am now withing 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. The more I loose the faster I get is what I say!

1 comment:

Nate said...

You are awesome the way you weave workouts into such a busy schedule, even when things don't go according to plan or schedule.