Thursday, July 16, 2009

43 Days - Yipes

Is that what the counter says on the right hand side of this page? 43 days till my race!
That came fast.

I've been sidelined for the last 10 days with a deep chest cough. But now I'm better and feel great. I went for a four mile run today and will swim tomorrow. The Saturday morning I will run around 7 miles. Nothing like going from 0 to 60. I'm also within shooting distance of being in my 140s which wins me a coveted prize (I get to go see the new Harry Potter movie once I weigh 149 on the gym scale).

I start another weight loss challenge this Saturday and my trainer has put me in a group of people that are hard core folks (always paying to individual training and such). So essentially on my "off" days from running I'll be doing intense leg squats and weight training with this team of fit people (Tuesdays and Fridays at 6pm). The combination will leave me exercising a minimum of 60 minutes a day up until the last week before the race. I plan to be weighing close to 140 by race (which means I'll finally hit the "normal" range on the BMI chart - man that chart is ruthless - http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.pdf).

Also, folks have been pretty generous this week and I'm only $110 from my minimum commitment of raising $500 for the cancer society (see http://run.to/RunForEd). I committed to doing a push up for every dollar raised this week; so far I have to do 73. I'm proud of my training partners both far and near right now who are committed to weight loss with me. Here is a shout out to Rebecca, Christina, and Betsy.

No comments: